Oxford University Language Center Placement Test
- Students applying to the El Paso HS Dual Language Magnet Program must take the Oxford University Language Center Spanish Placement (OULC) Test. Test results will be used to determine Spanish academic literacy and appropriate Dual Language placement. Applicants can take the test on-line, or make an appointment to take the test at El Paso HS.
- The test is WAIVED for students enrolled in AP Spanish 4 their 8th grade year.
- Absolute Beginner 0 - 12 our of 5o Questions correct
- Lower Intermediate 13 - 24 Correct
- Intermediate 25 - 36 Correct
- Upper Intermediate 37 - 46 Correct
- Advanced: 47 - 50 Correct
Students wishing to submit an EPHS Dual Language Application must score UPPER INTERMEDIATE (37-46) or higher in order to qualify.
Click on the SPANISH LEVELS button for descriptions of each category
Taking the test
- The test should be taken only once. If you choose to take the test several times in order to improve your score, it may result in being placed in dual language classes that are too advanced for your Spanish academic ability
- Once completed, print 2 copies of your test results (One copy to submit with application, and one copy for your records)
- There is no “print” or "save" function on this page; print out the test as you would any document from your computer
- Sign and date each page of the test and submit with application
Contact Cecilia Phillips to schedule an appointment
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org