Congratulations to our Dual Language Seniors who have been accepted to the following Colleges and Universities so far:
Daniela Barrio: Joan Golding:
UC Berkley Johns Hopkins
Johns Hopkins UC San Diego
UT Austin UT Austin
Daniella Balarezo: Sarah Gonzalez:
Brown University Harvard
New York University Princeton
U. Penn Yale
Vasser College Dartmouth
Boston University U Penn
Hollins University Duke
Texas A&M Columbia
UT Austin Brandies
UTEP Brown University
Texas A&M at Galveston Hannah Hollandbyrd:
North Texas Helson Pacheco-Luquis:
University of Arizona St. Johns
University of Houston Loyola Marymount
NYU Karla Rodriguez:
St. Johns University Baylor
University of Denver
University of Texas at San Antonio
Please let us know where you have been accepted so that we can add you to our list!!
We pre-registered for AP Tests today! if you missed it, go see Ms. Goldfarb ASAP! AP Spanish Lang testers: go to 4th floor (boy's bathroom side) 730 AM on May 6th.
If your EOC and AP tests are at the same time, take the AP test! y\You can make up EOC on Thursday or Friday of next week. Please check in with Ms. Goldfarb or Ms. Galaviz about your testing conflict.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: District 8 Jeremy Jordan Legislative Aide
PHONE: 915-212-1037 PHONE: 915-212-1036
DATE: March 27, 2014
Dear District #8 students,
Representative Niland is recruiting hard-working and dedicated students, both in high school and college to apply for Internship opportunities at our office. Earn volunteer hours or gain valuable experience to make you more marketable on universities applications or your next job interview. Simply send us your resume to email@example.com to get started today!
Event: Wildlife Conservation Camp Location: Welder Wildlife Foundation – Sinton, TX Date: July 20-26, 2014 Application
Deadline: Thursday, May 1, 2014, www.wildlifecamptx.org
Contact: Meg Streich, firstname.lastname@example.org, 361-364-2643
The Texas Chapter of The Wildlife Society invites high school students to the best week of their summer! The 21st annual Wildlife Conservation Camp will be held July 20-26, 2014 at the Welder Wildlife Foundation in Sinton, Texas. High school students that have completed the 9th-12th grades can apply at www.wildlifecamptx.org and applications are due May 1st. Campers will experience hands-on activities led by wildlife professionals, which include wildlife and plant identification, hunting as a management tool, species diversity, conservation ethics, wildlife capture and survey techniques, wildlife tracking, predator-prey dynamics, white-tailed deer management, fishing, hunter safety, shooting skills, and much more. The week-long camp is especially recommended for high school students who are considering a career in wildlife management or natural sciences. Students will develop an appreciation for the outdoors through a priceless experience that they will carry with them forever. The Welder Refuge is a 7,800-acre wildlife refuge and research facility with on-site lodging and dining facilities. The Refuge is home to beautiful coastal wetlands and south Texas vegetation, and boasts a plethora of native wildlife, including mammals, reptiles, amphibians and hundreds of species of birds. Campers will have the opportunity to view and study these animals on the Refuge. The camp fee is $300 which covers lodging, meals, materials, and transportation during camp. Contact your local Farm Bureau for possible sponsorships. Applications are available at www.wildlifecamptx.org. For additional information contact Meg Streich, 2014 Camp Director, at email@example.com or 361-364-2643.
The McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin would like to invite students to apply for one of our McCombs High School Summer Programs. The camps are designed to provide early exposure to a diverse set of high school students regarding career opportunities in various business professions. In particular, the programs provide participants with an excellent opportunity to learn about careers in business, meet students from cities throughout the state, and experience the UT – Austin campus first-hand!
* McCombs Future Executive Academy: June 8 – 13, 2014
* McCombs DYNAMC Program: June 22 – 27, 2014
Students will have the opportunity to:
* Attend classes taught by world-renowned faculty
* Discover a career in business
* Gain a glimpse of life as a Longhorn
* Make life-long friendships and explore the UT – Austin campus
* Network with business professionals
* … and, spend an entire week, ALL-EXPENSES PAID , at the top-ranked McCombs School of Business
Application process – Eligibility:
* Outstanding African-American, Hispanic, Native American , and first-generation students, in addition to those that have overcome any social or economic hardship, are strongly encouraged to apply. However, all students are welcome to apply.
* Rising juniors and seniors in high school (current sophomores and juniors)
* Students should be in the Top 10 percent of their class
* Applicants should submit the completed on-line application, a resume, two letters of recommendation, and an official high school transcript
* Roughly 50 students will be accepted for each of the McCombs Future Executive Academy (MFEA) and Discover Yourself iN Accounting Majors and Careers (DYNAMC) programs
* Application deadline : April 15, 2014
SEE YOUR COUNSELOR ASAP FOR DETAILS AND APPLICATION ACCESS
Mrs. Cecilia Phillips
Coordinator, El Paso HS Dual Language Magnet